Monday, November 24, 2008

Warm & Toasty

This weekend was a chilly one, and it was also the first weekend we turned on the fireplace this year. Now, bear in mind that this is the first time I have ever lived in a home that did not have a wood-burning fireplace, so a gas alternative is no where near as awesome, but serves the purpose or a focal point, ambiance, and as I found out this weekend - actually put out some heat.

This lazy boy - Greyson, was the first to get in on the napping in front of the fireplace idea. It was the cutest thing ever, first he was all laid out, stretching, and then zonked right out in the bask of the heat.

Now, currently we have nothing in front of the fireplace, so he just sleeps on the carpet. I was thinking it might be nice to have something for him to curl up on and nap, since I plan on turning the fireplace on often this summer. But one of the hardest utilitarian things to work into one's decor is animal items.

Here are some things I am optioning that would work, and are still attractive:



The traditional sheepskin rug from Ikea is probably the best (and most cost-effective) option, plus I think it looks pretty.






This dog bed from over at Bowser Beds is a fave of Kal's over at Lovelife and the pretty pattern would work with our decor. Only thing, is that I don't really think the kitties are really fond of pillow-sitting.. so I'm a little hesitant.

Lastly, this faux-fur throw from Zellers might work for a non-permanent option that I could just throw down when I turn the fire on, and both the kitties and me could curl up together......




No comments: