Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Martha's Main Guest House

I've always enjoyed Martha. Way back when, I used to watch her shows with my mom. I'm certainly not a Martha junkie, but I have a fair bit of admiration for her. It takes a lot of time and effort to be a Domestic Goddess. I wish I had even an ounce of the time she has to create such beautiful things.


Anyhow, I came across some pictures of her Beautiful Maine guest house, and I must say, that I wish I was so lucky as to have a main house as nice as hers, never mind a place for my guests lol.


The whole guest house has a lovely warm pink coloring about it, which adds to the glow of the space. I love that it is very elegant, unfussy and comfortable.

I love the painting and these great chairs.

Beautiful flowers add the perfect touch to any surface.

French sheets and a mohair throw add to the pink in this room. The blue fabric on the bed and the blue grey pain on the chair, keep it from becoming too feminine.

I love the star-shaped side table and that gorgeous tufted chair in the back!!

What a lovely place to sit down and write a thankyou card, to your hostess!!

This is one of the best pink bathrooms I have ever seen!!

(All photos from Martha Stewart )

No comments: