Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Wreath.. take 2 (this time with photos!)

Sorry, this took a lot longer to re-post than I imagined it would...

So, here's the scoop again on our wreath:
I did one up last year, and hated it! In fact, I don't even have one single picture of it. I decided very early on, that I would be re-doing it this year. Since I also decided to change all the interior decor colors.... I figured it would be good if the wreath set the tone for the interior, which was going to be all teal, silver and white.
So last weekend, I tore the old one apart, and created this new one. ( It still needs slight tweaking to space things out better... I'll get to that on Saturday!!)
I simply removed the old (mostly red) ornaments and bow. I had already wired on pinecones last year ( it is MY belief that wreaths MUST have pinecones!). The HUGE teal balls were from Walmart. The silver balls are from Dollarama, as are the litle snowflakes.
I thought I didn't have any ribbon in my stash... but I had bought some ribbon ( wired silver organza with a glittered damask pattern) for another project, and it worked perfectly!
Here's the porch so far.... there's another matching tree down on one of the steps... I have to figure out where I am putting them!

I'm really not loving the wreath against the glass... we actually selected another door when we built. But when we realized how dark the entrance was... we switched back to this one!

The bow looks a lot better in person!! Very full... I guess the sheerness of the ribbon with my flash made it look silly here!

Anyhow, when I was finished I wasn't sure if I loved it or hated it....

But now, it's been there a week, and I like it. I do need to move some stuff around the space it out better, and that will come this weekend!

If you have any other suggestions, I'd love to hear them!!

No comments: