Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Boxing Day Finds: Christmas Decorations

I have to say I was pretty disappointed with the Christmas decorations that were leftover at many of the stores on Boxing Day. Mind you, the selection in November this year, left little to be desired, so I shouldn't expect it to be better.... but I expected more selection.

Sadly, I purchased very little. Other than Rudy, our new grapevine porch reindeer, I got only a handful of ornaments, a few things for our bathroom and some gift wrap :( I might go back and check other stores around the city this week and see if I have better luck.. or better deals :)

Here's a few of what I DID find:
At $0.98 , this was one of my favorite finds. I love birds, glitter and this gorgeous blue. I wasn't sure about how it would look on the tree, but now that I see it - I am going out tomorrow to buy as many as I can find!



I bought two of these mercury glass birdies and I love them. They were also about $1.00 each, and are possibly my faves! Gonna search for more tomorrow as well.

This box of teal and white balls was the ONLY set of teal ornaments I found that match the rest of the ones I bought back in November. Very sad! $5.00 for the box, so at $1.25 per ornament, I am happy. Hopefully the closer (but much busier) Walmart will have more of the snowflake covered ones I bought....?



My initial color scheme for this year was Blue, silver and white.. but no white ornaments made their way home with me until Boxing day. I liked the assortment, and $5.00 for 12 ornaments made me smile, so it's a start. Here's a close-up of the detail:

Also making the cut were these two finds for my powder room. Both were items I almost bought (a handful of times each) from HomeSense, earlier in December, but couldn't justify the costs.





I really wanted the blue and silver towels on silver holder, but after checking 3 stores, this was the only style left. For $8.00 for the holder and 2 finger-tip towels, I figure I can always silver-leaf or spray paint the holder.



This little soap pump was $6.00- not the cheapest, but too cute to pass up again and risk losing for good. I can't get a good pic of it (cause of the round shape) but it might even find a permanent home!

For now, the ornaments that did not come in boxes are on the tree for another few days, the rest are in bags under the tree awaiting storage. I can't wait to pull it all out again next year!!

So that's a little re-cap of some of my goodies. I'd love to see what you snagged!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi from Ontario, Canada. I found your blog from LifeInTheFunLane. I love finding new Canadian blogs.

The ornaments you found are really nice. I especially like teal and white but had trouble finding them this year.

Is it any warmer in Edmonton this week? I have family in Edmonton and near Calgary.

Happy New Year. I'm off to check out some of your older posts.

Kati @ Housewife_Swagger said...

Excellent deals!! Those are so pretty! The blog world has gotten me into [owls and] birds this year, your birds were too good to pass up, I'm so glad you got them!!
Thank you for blogging, I enjoy reading them!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Thanks ladies! It's freezing here, round -20c. Brrr....