Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sink into this!

In our new house, we had the option of choosing any of their pre-made "Upgrade Packages" for an additional cost, since I know that kitchens sell homes, I wasted no time in going with my gut: The Modern Chef Package!!

However, the items that were described on the sheet, and what was in the showhome, and what they were currently offering, were all different, so last week we had to do some negotiating on what it was, that we would be getting, since what they wanted to give us, didn't jive with what I wanted.
I just received the final paperwork today on what we'll be getting in our "upgraded" kitchen:
~upgraded cabinet selection (premium wood, premium stain )
~upgraded countertop selections (upgraded colors)
~raised eating bar with supports
~full height upper cupboards
~open rack (suppossed to be a wine bottle rack - we are leaving it open as we don't drink much wine and since we may get a bar built into the island, it will have one!
~stem rack ( we may last minute ask them to leave this open as well, if we do go ahead with the bar)
~upgraded cabinet hardware
~full depth upper over fridge
~corner appliance garage
~under cabinet lighting c/w valance trim
~ceramic tile backsplash
~rough-in vac pan to Kitchen
~upgrade sink**
~upgrade faucet**
~upgrade appliances
~1/2 hp garbeurator






You may have noticed some asteriks next to some items on the list... these were items we had no idea we would get. We weren't even too sold on them, until we were told they were FREE!!! Yup, they were throwing them in for us.


This beauty is a BLANCO SILGRANIT SINK.

Like this photo, we chose a black one. I think it will nicely pick up the black flecks in the countertop we've selected.

And since a $500.00 sink can't have just any old faucet, they're giving us this lovely option, the Contempra Pull-down faucet from Price-Pfister .

With a full down spray and built-in soap dispenser, this one suits the look of the sink much better than a standard (read: small) builder-grade faucet would have.

I know all you hardware snobs are scoffing at me now and I'm fine with that. As long as it looks sleek, clean and shiny, it works with me. That said, I certainly appreciate a beautiful faucet, I just wouldn't spend my own money on something so small if I didn't have to...

No comments: