Friday, February 20, 2009

Family Compound

When I saw the exterior of this beautiful home in Traditional Home I fell in love. Upon further reading, I discovered that not only is it beautiful, but functional too!! Housing 2 adults and 6 children (4 full-time), the owner says there is not a room in the home that they do not use!! Which is rare for such a stately looking property.
Here's a peek into the gorgeous estate:

The living room features a beautiful fireplace and is decorated fairly formally.

The formal dining room is one of my favorite rooms in the house. Loving the ceramy, silvery blue tones. Also, how cool are those combinations of chairs?? The vases remind me of some lamps I have!

This kitchen is huge, which I guess is necessary when it's host to 6 plus people at anytime! There is a commercial sink, and a serious looking stove!

This family room is beautiful, however, I'm hoping there is a tv or something somewhere...

Off the family room, there is this family dining area. Originally I was confused, as there was a formal dining room.. but I guess this is their version of the "eat-in kitchen". Although, I must say, their casual dining is still fancier than my formal lol.


Outside the children's bedroom, the foyer sets for the mood for fun.

In addition to bedrooms, there's this amazing bunkroom (playroom) that's fantastic for playing, naps and would be perfect for sleepovers!!!

With 6 children, I'd imagine you'd want a calm retreat for yourselves. This beautiful bedroom is very serene.

Lastly, a master retreat isn't complete without a bathroom to die for. This one does exactly that!!

5 comments:

Rachel Follett said...

Stunning images! I especially love that first dining room image! So gorgeous!

Melinda said...

I want that bunk room in my house. It's cozy and inviting and I've saved the picture for future renovations!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

I know.. heck I don't even have kids and I would spend the day there!

Sunny in Ireland said...

Hello from Ireland...
The bunk room is fantastic, love the rest of the house as well!!! I can't wait to have a clients house that I can copy this idea for. Any chance of a high resolution image, I would like to use the image for promotional purposes. Thanks a million.
Deirdre Hardiman www.hepburndesigns.ie
deirdre@hepburndesigns.ie

Unknown said...

know where I can get some plans for building the bunk room? geinger@comcast.net