Thursday, October 30, 2014

Game Day Fashion!

One thing you might not know about me is that I love football!  I'm not actually sure where this appreciation came from, as neither of my parents are fans, but it's just always been one of my favorite sports!

Now, being from Canada, I'll admit that it's nowhere near as big a thing as it is in the States (we have Hockey... ), but for those of us who have an appreciation for it, we have our favorite team and there's no waffling on that!  GO GREEN & GOLD!

Last year, I even held Season Tickets for my hometown Edmonton Eskimos again, and am actually super sad that I wasn't able to renew them this year - NEXT YEAR.. NEXT YEAR!!
Of course, one of the first things I did after purchasing my Season Tickets was to run out and buy my team gear!  Being both a fan of fashion and all things practical, I obviously picked up a tank top, a t-shirt and a long sleeved tee, just so that I had options for every weather condition.  :) 

Of course, the CFL season starts and ends (I'm sure due to our weather), a LOT earlier than the NFL, so I watch that too.  Obviously, I stay loyal to my Green & Gold and cheer on the Packers!  While I can't say I've been fortunate enough to get to an NFL game (yet...), it's not uncommon to find me with some friends watching it!



















That being said, just because I'm wearing Sports gear, does NOT mean I sacrifice my style! There are so many ways to work a great team jersey into your wardrobe without looking frumpy.  A great place to find all sorts of great NFL jerseys is Fanatics !   I like that their women's jerseys are fitted cause I think there's nothing worse than swimming in an oversized top!

Here's just one of the ways I would style a Game Day Outfit, incorporating my Aaron Rodgers jersey :

This outfit is comfortable, but a little unexpected since I went with  leather legging instead of jeans.  Since the weather around here is already a little cool (yes, we've had snow...) I layered up with a jacket and cozy infinity scarf.  The booties are a little more polished than an expected flat boot, but still have a casual vibe in a light camel color and pair nicely with a fun leopard calf-hair cross-body purse - perfect for keeping your hands free for hot dogs, beer and 50/50 tickets!  Obviously, I couldn't forget to add a few of my favorite accessories, fun gold bracelets for a funky arm party, in one of the team's colors!

Of course, I like a traditional jersey and keeping with a team's colors when I choose my team gear.  Personally, I've never been a fan of the "girly" items that companies create in colors like pink so that women will wear them - they just aren't authentic to me... But whatever your jam,  Fanatics carries a little bit of everything in a variety of colors and sizes, so you can find something to fit your style!


How would YOU style a Game Day outfit?   What jersey would you choose and why?  I'd love to hear from you on what you think!!! 

 Leather LeggingsCargo Style Jacket  /  Chunky Knit Infinity Scarf  / Camel Lace-up Booties  / Leopard Cross-body Purse  / Spiral Bangle  / Spike Bracelet


No comments: