Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Treasured Two-Tier Table

Ever since I was a little girl, I've known there were a few things from my family home that I wished I could take with me when I got my own place. Well, it's been a few years now since I left the nest, but this past weekend one of those items finally became MINE!

This two-tiered table (on wheels no less!) is something I will always remember from my childhood. It wasn't fancy or big, but it always held the tv in our busy family room! I'm not sure what makes it so special to me, I just know that I was incredibly upset when I heard that my dad had (gasp) given it to his new girlfriend to use at her place. I couldn't believe that something so special to me was no longer in our family...

I guess it was just a temporary loaner, cause when I met up with dad for dinner, he told me to bring the truck around to load my table up! HIP HIP HOORAY!

I was shocked when I saw it again for the first time in many years, as it is still in almost PERFECT condition. There's just one scratch on the top:

It's pretty simple, with just the tiniest touch of detailing on the legs:


I'm not actually sure what I want to do with it, or where it will end up. I'm just happy to know that it's mine!

But, about a month ago, when we decided not to go anywhere for the May long weekend, I made Cory promise to set up a little sanding station in the garage so I can start getting rid of some of this mess:


It's not huge, but there are two chairs, 3 tables, and 2 lamps just in here! Nevermind the other rooms in the house that are housing my finds!!

Any suggestions on what I should do to the table?

Paint it white? Stain it a dark walnut? Go nuts with a fun color?

No comments: