Friday, May 14, 2010

Striking Out!



I had a few alone hours to kill tonight, so I decided I would grab all the stuff I needed for my front porch makeover, and just set it up, and style it tomorrow. Needless to say, I will be spending ALL WEEKEND, just looking for what I want!
Here's a re-cap of my night:
First, I hit up reliable old Ikea. I figured that since they had the biggest (online) selection of rattan and wicker chairs, I'd check out in person the 3 I was contemplating, choose the one I wanted and work from there, since it was the starting piece!
Yeah, not so much!

This chair, the cheapest of the bunch, was REALLY light colored, and was very rough and cheap feeling. No good.

The second ( a bit more expensive option) was a teeny bit darker, and felt just as yucky! They didn't even have the darker, bigger chair in stock, but I assume it was the same material :(

Pier 1's selection as really limited, and I was NOT about to spending $250 on a chair that was propbably going to get sat in a handful of times, and would be in the garage for most of the year.

So I headed over to Superstore, as I had seen a great little advertising feature in House and Home magazine last night, with some great outdoor living stuff. Yeah, no chairs, and none of the cute patio stuff I was jonesing for either....They did have faux woven one that seemed reasonable, so I am keeping it on my "just-in-case" list.

Okay, fine! Over to Home Outfitters - the only single chair they had for sale was a woven style as well. I don't hate it, but it was too expensive considering it was not my first choice!

A couple other local, independent stores only made me more upset... so looks like I have my work cut out for me tomorrow! I am hoping that HomeSense will be my savior!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

Debbiedoos said...

Oh good luck on your chair hunt!~ Boy sometimes the simplest thing you would think turns out to be the toughest!~ You may wind up with something totally different. Thanks for following and joining in the giveaway. Good luck!~