Sunday, September 6, 2009

Anthro... really?

A few months back, we got our first Anthropolgie here in Edmonton. For years, I've seen images online, and read about all the beautiful things gals everywhere were pining over.......so I had to check it out.


Unfortunately, I just never made my way over to the mall. Today, I met a gf for lunch and a movie, and since we had plenty of time to spare before the movie started, we wandered around and I made sure to check it out.


I have to say, I was kinda disappointed.... another friend's description on it being a higher-end Urban Outfitters, was pretty much BANG ON!!


I hadn't expected that in the least, and while I did find a few cute things, I have to say, they were highly over priced!


One thing I did find and fell for, was this "C" monogram on a stand. As we both have the same first initial, I think it would be pretty cute to toss our monogram around this place. Anyhow, for the meantime, it's on my Birthday wishlist.



I think it's urban, and country enough to work for both of us, and it would look super great on the mantel!! I'm sending a link your way, Cory!

2 comments:

- Sarah :-) said...

Hello! I'm a first time visitor... hope you don't mind my dropping by!

I love me some Anthropologie, BUT I don't own a SINGLE thing from that place. I use it to get ideas, and then try to find cheaper versions or REALLY cheap ways to make it myself... still working on that, but it's way too much for me!

I wish they had an outlet version!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Well it's our first one here... so I'll keep checking back. Plus even though the whole style of the store right now, isn't really my vibe... I think I can make a few key accessories work!
p.s. thanks for stopping by Sarah!