Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wreathy Inspiration




Last year, I made a wreath for our front door. I was so un-inspired and unhappy with it, that I didn't take any photos, and promptly took it apart as soon as Christmas was over.
I'm not sure what was so wrong about it, but it just didn't work for me.....

This year, I am determined to do something a little more "me", so I started thinking about it, much earlier!
I decided to go online and find some inspiration. I'm sad to report that I have yet to find something that screams to me " THIS IS MY WREATH!!! I MUST HAVE THAT WREATH!!"....

I mean, there are a lot of pictures out there, and most of them are very nice. Some of them... not so much my style. But until I find "the one", I will keep up my search.
In the meantime, here's an assortment that I don't hate:


This one is traditional, and whimsical all at the same time. Seems very likely this wreath would be on the door of a family with children's home! Oddly enough, I am seeking a little more sophistication this year.


I have a love/hate relationship with this style of wreath. I hate that it's not traditional greenery, but I love the idea of it, and can't not look at them. This one catches me because of the blue and silver... but not what I want....Initially, I liked this. Now, I'm not so sure.... not Christmas-y enough for me, but it's neat to frame a mirror for extra glam!
This, to me, screams Cheap and Cheerful, which is probably what I love about it! I says exactly the message you want to convey. Wooden letters are so whimsical!


Twig wreaths have become incredibly popular over the years, and while I typically use them more for fall, I think that this one, done in silver, is so wonderful and wintery!!
Last but not least, my favorite style of wreath - the traditional evergreen wreath!!
Believe it or not, while I saw hundreds of them, this is the only one tonight that I liked!! Easy, simple, elegant. Ribbon, greenery, and pinecones!! PERFECT!!
All of tonight's wreath's are courtesy of Better Homes & Gardens










No comments: