Then we thought it had gotten some sort of mold spores in the wood, so we gave up on it, and it sat in our garage for longer than I would like to admit. Then after a close examination, from my mom, it was determined that something must have just blown in the open garage and stuck to the paint. (My frown turned right-side up, into a smile )
I was so jazzed that even though the doors and the hardware were not yet finished, I got Cory to drag that sucker upstairs and I put it into place. Fantastic right???
WRONG!!! I think it looks AWFUL!!! For starters, it is NOT the right height. Nope, it is too tall, far too tall for the space. BOO!! It is also not long enough. I wanted something at least the same length as the table it was in-line with..
Lastly, we stained it a glossy ebony. Unfortunately, the espresso colored dining table and chairs we have, are mush more on the redish ( cherry) side... So this piece sticks out like a sore thumb.
Unfortunately, it is too deep to use at the top of the stairs. I think it is too deep and too short to use on the big wall in living room, and too tall and deep for under the living room window. Both bedrooms are also full of stuff.
However, after some brainstorming today.... I think I can make the piece work in either the loft bathroom ( perfect for towels and extra toiletries) or in the loft/office.
I'll try stuff out tonight!!