Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cheap and Cheerful- Alternative to Pots!

It's turning out to be a nice day. Hopefully it will last into the evening so I can actually enjoy it when I am off work.

If not, I am in the midst of a big project with the office to keep me busy.

Speaking of offices, thought I would share with you the great little plant that sits on my desk cause I think it's so great!

We received this as an "office warming" gift over a year ago when we moved into the new building. We received so many gorgeous floral arrangements that week, but this was the only plant, and is obviously the only one still kickin'.

A sweet woven basket that I recognize from the dollarstore, with a fitted clear plastic liner, some dirt and what appear to be cuttings(?) from at onetime 5 (now 4) different plants and BAM! Instant gift.

Honestly, I don't know how I've managed to keep it alive this long. I'm not really close to a window, but I suppose all the glass still allows it to get enough natual light? And I only water it once in a while, with the dregs from my waterbottle. But this little arrangement apears to be thriving!

Maybe I'll throw something like this together next time I need a cheap gift. It lasts much longer than flowers and looks great!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: