Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Good news!!


We tracked down the camera. I told Cory he wasn't allowed to do anything til he found it last night. So he did, it was in his coat pocket!!

Here's the house over the holidays:

First, here's the tree. Yeah, I realize it's a small tree, but it was free. A gift from my dad, so I am not complaining.
It looks a little sparse of decorations, but don't worry, it was nice and full. Plus, you always have a to leave a couple prime spots for decorations you get as gifts. I received about 10 new ones, so those filled in any empty spaces. Unfortunately, the flash washed out the Christmas lights....

The stockings ( well ours at least) were hung from the thing masquerading as a mantle fireplace mantel from gorgeous hangers found at Walmart. Thankfully, they were the last two silver ones left!



I've had this pretty silver sleigh for a couple years. I didn't have a plan for it this year, so I simply loaded it up with some Holiday stuffies and they rode the sleigh all over the island counter!


The dining room sideboard is a nice place for a little Holiday vignette. The snowman guy is from the Dollar store. That large white bowl holds pinecones and holiday berry sprigs. I also believe one of our poinsettias ( we have a white and a red one), ended up finding a home here as well.

There were little knick-knacks everywhere... but I did't get photos of everything. I did however, get photos of my favorite part: THE TABLE!!!

I wanted something really Dramatic, and whimsical this year so red, white and silver was the theme!

The beautiful red tablecloth and napkins were found randomly at Save-On-Foods on a grocery shopping trip. The bright color really helped to make my Holiday dishes POP! These white dishes with silver band and stars were in a Superstore flyer years ago, when I fell in love with them and my mom surprised me.

The matching etched-star drinking glasses paired nicely with Ikea wine glasses and the Hampton House flatware in brushed stainless steel, is our everyday stuff.

Since it was a big "meat and potatoes" crowd, I opted to forgo the charger plates, and went only with dinner and bread plates. But to add another layer, I placed the napkins, complete with Silver Snowflake napkins rings, found at Canadian Tire many years ago.

Since the table was really long, I really wanted to fill it out, and make every part of it, visually stimulating. I'm not really a red person, and it was a lot for me, so I added some interest by using my Martha Stewart Limitied Edition Snowflake punch and some white cardstock to punch out snowflakes, and I just let them lay as they fell.

I knew the centerpiece had to be something unexpected, and something silver and sparkly. So I set off early that morning with a vision in my head. What I found were 2 of these reindeer candelabras!! I didn't want anything taller, and was worried about the stability of taper candles in those large cups, so I opted for silver, LED tealights instead. I think they look amazing!!

There was a lot of space to fill still, so I threw the sleigh and snowman in the middle as well. Silver-foil wrapped mini-presents, glittery white snowflake ornaments, and white tealight holders lined with gold leaf added extra sparkle!!

No comments: