Monday, June 7, 2010

Saving (Flooring) Grace!

One of my favorite things about our house is the floor we chose when we built.

One of my least favorite things about our house is the floor we chose when we built.

You see, it hasn't even been a year, but right from the get-go stuff like this kept happening:


Yes, aside from those crumbs you see, those are some pretty major scratches!  These ones are around the dining table.  But into the area that is the walkway to the patio, in between the living room and dining space.  So... pretty visible.

You see, we knew this would happen.. so we even went out and bought felt pads.  As soon as we moved in, we installed them.  Unfortunately they kept falling off.  If they did manage to stay on, they looked like this only DAYS after we put them on:


You can thank me later for showing you one of the "cleaner" ones.  YUCK!!!
I guess that's what you get when you have pets....

Anyhow, this was getting a little outta hand.  Plus, all that cat hair was making it's way under the glue and the felt pads were falling off, inevitably causing ugly scratches.

A trip over to Home Depot  to try and find a fix, yielded these babies:

They were around $3.00 for a pack of 4.  (One pack, obviously does one chair...)

When we got home, I peeled off the yucky felt pads, and the simply hammered in the new bottoms.

Afterwards, they glided so perfectly across the floors.

Now, if only I knew a quick fix for the floors, as the scratches the couch left, weren't so small.....

1 comment:

makingitmine said...

I have had the same problem with those felt pads! They only ever seem to last a couple weeks before coming off.I've never seen the screw onces but I'm going to keep my eye out for them! Now if only I could find something for my dogs nails...