Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Adding an Addition...

We're adding a new addition!! 
Unfortunately, it's not to our home (although we COULD use the storage space!) 
Nor am I pregnant....

We are however adding a new member to our family!

Cory and I have been searching for the last few months for the perfect little puppy to add to our brood.  Today, I came home to a little surprise.... Cory had the day off and came across this sweetheart online:
She was exactly what we had been looking for in terms of appearance, so he took it upon himself to give the breeder a call and see about setting up an appointment for us to drive out there tonight to meet the 3 females they had remaining to see if her personality was suited for our family.

I have to say I was a little surprised and taken aback, as despite the fact we had "Seriously" been looking for so long, we had just been waiting and waiting until we found the perfect dog for us.

Well, we found her!!  This little cutie, was the spunkiest one of the bunch, and also the most personable!  She was no stranger to giving me a ton of kisses and being a little cuddly - her sisters however, were much more interested in doing some wrestling or playing in the trees.  Her personality and easy affection for me was what helped seal the deal, and we put a deposit on her!!!

The rest of the week for Cory and I will be spent preparing the house, and the rest of the family for their new sister!  The boys haven't really dealt with dogs, or other animals first hand... and their few interactions with a puppy through the screen door have been a little iffy....  But we are ready to take on the challenge, and it couldn't come at a better time!  I happen to have a long weekend due to a scheduled appointment on Monday that requires me to be home all day, which will give puppy the opportunity to socialize with new people!

Fingers crossed that these two will learn to love our newest addition as much as they love each other!

I know I had planned to show off some projects from the weekend, but this new addition will probably take a little time to get adjusted in our household, and us to her, so I'll try and post when I get the chance!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

AWE!!! CUUUTE!!! What an adorable puppy!!! And your kitties are lovely too! What breed is your new pup?
We had both of our cats looooong before we brought home either of our dogs....and well...it took them quite a while to get used to them...but don't give up...they will eventually get along or at least co-exist :)
Our cats still don't really like our dogs all that much even though it's been about 2 years since we brought the first one home but it's nothing too serious..I think it may just be a little sibling rivalry :)