Sunday, June 13, 2010

Easy Update: Hanging Basket

A few weeks ago, I showed you how I turned my porch from this:
To this:
It took very little money but looked soooo much better (except for the fact that we are still waiting on the stair risers from the builder...)

Since then, we've mixed things up a little bit (and the hydrangea died...).  Somehow, it was still missing something.... so I rummaged in the garage a bit in my "Front Porch" bin until I found what I was missing!

Last year I had purchased a few hanging basket brackets and had yet to hang them, so the second Cory was home, I asked him to help me hang it.  Yes, I could have hung it myself but I wanted a second set of eyes to gauge the right height once a basket was hanging from it!

Literally 10 seconds later, I had this:
It was exactly what I was looking for!


I let Cory choose the bracket we used and have to say I was pleasantly surprised at his pick - it was the most decorative and scrolly of the bunch!  It's also my fave!


I potted a combination of pink azaleas, purple pansies and some dusty miller in here.  I can't wait for them to fully bloom!


Oh, and I should also point out that this pot was dark green last year.  It didn't work with my color scheme, so I changed it in under 5 minutes!


4 comments:

Monique said...

I love those planter boxes! Looks great :)

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

You've inspired me to get a hanging basket this weekend. It really makes a big difference in the space!

Pretty Little Things for Home & Life said...

Thanks ladies! I can't wait til the treads are finished so it looks a little nicer out there as well!
Planters were from HomeSense/HomeGoods. Both the woven cream ones and the blue glazed ones.
Kasey, my suggestion would be to save a few dollars by making your own hanging basket!I've been seeing them for like 30 bucks everywhere! I'm sure you could do it for less than 10.

Serenity Rachel said...

Hi, I have a blog/website all about hanging flower baskets and hanging basket brackets. Could you tell me the length of the bracket that you used and the diameter of the basket? Also, would you mind if I used one of your pictures for a post? I would link back to/reference you however you would like me too. Thanks in advance! There aren't many places to find pictures showcasing the brackets.