Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Prepping for Puppy

We've spent a little times this week getting the house puppy proofed and purchasing some essentials for her arrival on Friday.  I have to say though, I was incredibly surprised at how hard it was to find a dog bed that met all of my criteria:

  • Fit in with our color/decor scheme and not scream "dog bed"
  • be large enough to accomodate her at least as a puppy
  • be comfy enough to warrant being called a dog bed and not dog blanket
  • be reasonably priced
After an unfortunate incident with a bed I picked up at Costco ( did you know their beds are filling with a cedar chip combo???) that ended up with me returning the ridiculously LARGE, great priced bed, I drove around everywhere trying to find something that met all the items on my list.  I didn't think it was going to happen and actually worried I wouldn't find something appropriate in time.

That was, until I took the advice of a girlfriend and hit up HomeSense!  They had the perfect bed for us:

JACKPOT! 

It was only $24.99, super plush and soft, big enough to accomodate her for at least a little while (and then become something else...) and it works wonderfully with the rest of the colors in our house!



It even matches perfectly with Greyson's flower bed!


We know that eventually, she'll need something a little larger, but we're sure one of the cats will probably take to it if she out grows it!

Any tips for great places to find reasonably priced animal supplies??  Local would be best!

No comments: