Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter...a tablescape!

Hope you are all having a very Happy Easter!  I put together a very simple tablescape, using only things around the house.  Missing from the equation were fresh flowers and candles, as we aren't actually even doing Easter dinner... I just put it together for fun.  You'll notice that I leave a lot of empty space on the
table, which is purposeful.  You see, we always do family-style dinners in my family, yet we do not (yet) have a sideboard.  So, those wonderful serving dishes full of food, have to try and fit on the table, which is small.  So I make do.

Anyhow, here it is:



I started off with this new tablecloth.  I had been looking for something blue for quite some time and this caught my eye the other day at HomeSense.  It was the perfect combination: blue, shimmery, fun paisley pattern!  For less than $20!  ( I also bought the matching napkins and placemats!)


For the place settings,  I used a combination of everyday and formal dishes.  The silver chargers I have had for years.  They are cheap and plastic.  On top of that is my gorgeous plain white dinner plates from Royal Doulton.  Atop that are my white and silver star rimmed side plates that are my formal dinnerware.  A simple folded napkin in the middle of it all adds some color.  No napkin rings or placecards for this setting.


Glassware was simple wine glasses and some star-etched tumblers that coordinate with the star plates.

For the centerpiece, I went easy breezy and kept it simple with some sparkle.
That a pretty little silver-framed mirror I got at HomeSense years ago, with a wire basket (from a beauty basket years ago) made of chicken wire, filled with some of my DIY eggs, and some raffia balls.


In keeping with the bird theme, I chose a white ceramic Michael's bird for one side, and a Dollarama birdhouse that I painted.

I would have loved to have picked up a bunch of mini bird's nests from Walmart, filled with eggs atop the napkins, but again as we did not host a dinner, I wasn't about to buy things for nothing.

Anyhow, I really liked how it turned out, but as always, I am up for suggestions on how to make things better.  Let me know what you think!

No comments: