Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Re-cap... Our Mountain Getaway!

Afternoon!  We got back from the mountains a few hours ago and now that I am done unpacking and cleaning up, I thought I would share some pics from the weekend.  We hit the mountains for a little "us" time.  There were no plans, or real activities, but it was the two of us together, taking in the sites. 

First up, we stayed at a new little condo resort just outside Canmore in Dead Man's Flats.  They were so cute!
Sorry for the crummy photos.  I knew Cory had taken them, so I didn't bother taking my own, which I see now, was a mistake.  He didn't take any detail shots, nor did he get the pretty washroom, or the little desk nook or anything like that... oh well I know for next time!


First day, we hit up Lake Louise and checked out the Chateau Lake Louise.  I hadn't been there since I was a kid, so it was nice to be all touristy and tour the hotel and grounds.
I took plenty more interior shoots but I will save them for tomorrow's post, since they seem to share a common theme!
It was a really pretty day out, and everyone was enjoying walking/skating/cross country skiing across the frozen lake. 

Since this post is already pretty photo-laden, I'll spare you every single detail, and just say we had a nice time.

Check in tomorrow for some great interior shots of the Chateau Lake Louise and the Fairmont Banff Springs.  They both had some great chandeliers!!

No comments: