Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I heart a real home

I love seeing people's homes in magazines. Mind you, I am talking about real homes, with real people. Not those million dollar deals, that had an endless budget, and decorator assistance.

But homes, with nice young couples, working on a realistic (or non-existent) budget, who probably did most, if not all the work, themselves.


Better Homes & Gardens featured this beautiful Craftsman :


What a cute little house, I would love to see this decorated with a bunch of pumpkins for the holidays!!



This room is great, but so easy to create. I love the color scheme!! It reminds me a lot of my own living room.

I love how they accented the fireplace by painting the detailing a contrasting color. Oh, and the artwork above? Yeah, they painted the stripes on black mattes!

What an elegant dining room!! They splurged on their chandelier, but scrimped when it came it furnishings - those chairs are vintage finds, recovered!!

I am loving the look of this (walnut?) sideboard!! Exactly what I am looking for, in my space. What made the most of this room, was the use of paint, which they accented with chair railing. As well, they used silver paint directly on the wall, to make the 3-D art pop.

The guest bedroom, is exactly how a guest bedroom should look, cozy, comfy and unfussy. Oh yeah, they also made the headboard themselves!!! Including the fabric-covered buttons!
I love how the stripe fabric adds a masculine edge, when paired with the salmon colored bedding and neutral but floral pillows~

No comments: