Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ethnic Appeal

I've always been partial to Asian/Indo/African -influenced rooms. In my browsing I came across the following pieces that make me smile:


These are often seen as coffee tables, in our place, I'd love something like this for under the window. A perfect place for storage, and some seating when we have parties!

This chest would be unexpected in our upstairs bath, to hold towels, extra toilet paper and toiletries!
I love these for a bedroom.

This coffee table is more like art!!

This pillow is so yummy, and since the base of our home, is neutral, this would work anywhere - including as a back pillow for all my dining room chairs!!!

An entry way table that takes up less visual space, due to it's narrow legs; this one is feminine in shape, but stil hefty enough to withstand the male in our household.

WOW!! Regularly, I do not care for any of the colors in this chair, but it is truly striking. I would love to curl up and read on this beauty!!

This little beauty reminds me of a bird's nest. I'd probably fill it with some faux robbin's eggs for a pop of blue and of course a little bit of whimsy on a high shelf.

The base of this one reminds me so much of a flat, polished river rock. Whatever table this one is one, has to be fairly unadorned, to truly showcase this lamp.

(All items were from Crate and Barrel)

No comments: