Friday, October 24, 2008

A day of Yay!!!

I just realized that I never did get a picture of my Harvet Wreath on hee.. I will do that tonight (ASAP) provided my computer at home is cooperating!

What got me thinking of that, is that I am reading the newspaper here at work, and it was full of flyers ( yay - i love 'em) and the Zellers flyer has CHRISTMAS decorations already. YAY!!!

I realized that Christmas season is fast approaching and I have not even decided what my decor scheme is going to be in the new place. So here's a quick little look into what I'm thinking:

The front door is only used by friends, family and people trying to sell us things, so I am gonna keep that area pretty restrained and simple.

A nice big wreath (already purchased) that I will decorate, hanging on the door. I have also always dreamed of flanking the door with two large trees, in urns with white lights. ( I am typically not a white light for Christmas person - but this looks so nice). Luckily, I just found them on sale at Zellers for $29.99 a piece.... which I don't think is bad at all. Plus, I really wouldn't need that much else out front there!!
Something like this, would be perfect.


As the main floor has a vaulted ceiling, open to the loft above, there is a ledge that runs along the entire top of the room:


( I know, it's hard to tell by the photo, especially since I don't have one of the actual ledges, but you get the idea. Oh and the photos are from construction, so that explains the mess :) )
I want to just run something simple like garland around the whole thing. I was thinking something like this Blue Spruce garland could just rest upon it. For the one space in the corner that is large enough for some actuall decorations, I am still up in the air as to what to place there.

The rest I am still working on.. but that's my plan thus far.

Here's what we have slated for the weekend: tonight I work. Boo. Cory wants to have some friends over as well, so I will have to be social while we have some friends over for drinks. Tomorrow and Sunday: I have them off, and have no plans. Cory works, so I will be left to my own devices and will probably use that time to get some studying done for my course.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and let me know if you have any great idea for decorating.

No comments: