Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where I've been... Loud Tour!

This is where I was last night. A girlfriend from work and I scored free tickets to watch Rihanna from a skybox last night. Who could say no?

It was a pretty good show. I like Rihanna. Her tunes are catchy and really get me movin' on the elliptical. And I'm not even gonna pretend I don't shake my booty around the house when a song comes on, so of course I was excited to go.

I do however think the name of the show, "The Loud Tour" more applied to the vibrancy of the colors in the crazy costumes worn by her and her dancers than anything else. In fact, I believe a better name for the tour should have been "Sex" as it was quite provocative as a whole.

I'd even go so far as to suggest that maybe the show should have had an admission rating of 14 +, if not 18A. I was quite shocked to see how many "tweens" and kids were at the show. Let me tell you, if I was 12, I would have felt real awkward watching that with my mom sitting next to me!

I appreciate Rihanna's saucy attitude and think the show as a whole was fun. Heck, I can't say that if I was a performer I wouldn't be busting out some sexy dance moves of my own! But I'm 28... If I was a mom bringing my kids out, I might have a different attitude.

Opening act B.O.B was good with some catchy current radio faves. We missed the 1st opening act as we opted to go for dinner though.

All in all, a great, fun start to summer with a good girlfriend. If you have tix for an upcoming show, prepare for a jaw-dropping show from this fun loving Bahamian!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that would be Barbadian. she's from Barbados.