Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, so far.

Hope your first few days of the new year are going well. We had a nice night ringing in the new year with good friends, as usual. We spent yesterday by just doing NOTHING and spending time with one another. I literally stayed in my jammies all day! It was wonderful.
Today, however the day apparently got the better of me. That, and when I went to download some pics on my desktop, I plugged in the USB port, and apparently broke the darn thing. Yup, the USB port fell inside the whole machine! So, I will have to get someone to look at it now. I will also have to start using the laptop as my primary machine :( since it appears my old one is about ready to go anytime soon! Guess I will be shopping for a laptop later this year!

Anyhow, I've been working through each room of the house, cleaning and organizing. I'm cracking down, and getting rid of the clutter. I want to start the new year off on the right foot! As I work through each room, I find myself writing and adding to lists I am starting in my notebook ( things to buy; new projects to do; stuff to fix; etc, etc.). So I anticipate a ton of changes, projects, happenings this year! I'm excited to tackle them. In fact, so excited that it caused me to put a small hole in the wall today..... I got ahead of myself and started to hang something and then realize it wasn't ready for hanging, and that I am not familiar with wall anchors lol... So that hole will be getting patched later this week!

Here's what I have planned for the upcoming week:
~ fixing damaged baseboards
~ accessorizing a toilet tank
~ a new front hallway display
~starting a lamp re-do


For now, I'll leave you with this gorgeous picture of our back deck:

I just love how peaceful it looks out there in the morning, covered in snow!

No comments: