Sunday, January 10, 2010

"Goodwill" Hunting

I had another afternoon by myself, and I wanted to get out of the house, so I decided it would be a perfect day to hit Goodwill. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, so I grabbed a few bucks, and hit the housewares section.
I can't actually tell you the last time I hit a Goodwill or related-type of store, so of course, I was pretty excited when I realized that there was a ton of things I could get for under $5.00!!
The first thing that caught my eye was this lovely wine rack:
Okay, so the oil-rubbed bronze with ivy covered trellis, isn't usually something I would be drawn to.... but I was really excited to find it! Initially I thought about possibly painting it, maybe a white or even a solid black.

But when I put it in the corner, it looked perfect! It only has 6 slots, which is fine for us, since we actually don't drink wine (well, Cory does once in a while, but I can't stand it!).

See? I didn't even have enough bottles in my stash to fill the thing! Plus, it opens up some space in the "bar" cupboard for bottles of alcohol we do actually drink
!Not bad for $3.99 huh? Especially considering I was contemplating buying a less sturdy-looking, less attractive rack 2 weeks ago at HomeSense that was quite a bit more!
I'm sure I'll be checking out other locations more regularly, to see if I can start amassing a collection of milk-glass for the china cabinet!

What else did I get up to today? It involved this: I'll post more on this project later this week, when I finish it!

1 comment:

Crazy Agnus said...

Goodwill is my absolute favorite! In fact..I may be an addict!

Happy hunting next time you go!