Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lovely Finds of the Week



Since I'm off work right now ( working on it.. I swear! ) I had some time last week to do som perusing around our local Home Sense store (from what i gather, same as the US HomeGoods). While I am in no capacity to be out buying furniture in my un-employed state, I am still always looking for stuff I love, for the new house... which I must also say is progressing wonderfully.
Here are some of the beautiful finds, I wish I could have taken home with me: I apologize in advance for the quality of the photos, taken on my blackberry.... but you get the idea! :)




This media unit is EXACTLY what I am envisioning for the living room. It's the perfect size, scale, and look. Plus, I even don't mind the finish on it. I think it would work nicely with our predominantly dark woods. At around $400 dollars... not that bad a price either. Mind you, it's probably long gone already... so I will keep my eyes peeled for more similar pieces in the next little while.
These dining chairs are GORGEOUS!! They are definetly more formal than what I currrently have, but I am definetly interested in eventually purchasing a new table and chairs to upgrade from our cheap-o set, since it's top has seen better days. The only downfall - there were only 4 chairs. My next set will have 6. I love the grey, tweedy linen fabric and I am crazy about nail-head trim!
These towels will be a purchase, regardless. I have been talking for quite some time about investing in new towels when we move to the new place, since most of mine are from when I was still living at home. The pretty turquoise color with cream leafy pattern is exactly up my alley!! Perfect for the guest bath, that will feature creamy beigey shower curtains and bathmats!
This photo of our house was taken the week that we got back, so last week of March, fom the street, in my car. It's greatly progressed since this!

No comments: