Tuesday, May 8, 2012

To Keep or Not to Keep?

We recently sold out all the final units at one of our condominium units at work.  While we try to sell all our homes and suites fully furnished, sometimes the homeowners choose to purchase them without.  That means, we have to find new forever homes for all the furniture and accessories on display, and I do a little sale.

The best part about running the sales is that I get first dibs on whatever I want to purchase!  Thankfully, she and I are friends and sometimes share ideas so there's often stuff I love in the houses.

I did manage to find a few things that I am contemplating for our place:

First up, is these gorgeous throw pillows:

They have a beautiful nubby, linen like, almost burlapy quality and have gorgeous music notes and cursive writting that looks worn on them.  The back is covered in a pretty textured grey fabric that is pretty much the color I want to purchase a new sofa in.  So while they will look good on our cream sofa now, they should also look great on a grey on.  Plus, they just have that vibe I love so I could probably use them anywhere.

The second item and the one I am most unsure about is this area rug:

It has the cream, brown and blues that are throughout the house, I'm sure really not sure about that lime color...

And of course, I can not seem to get a great picture of it in place (excuse the crappy photos, my new phone usually takes good ones, but I may or may not have dropped it and probably should take advantage of the warranty I decided not to forgo this time...)


What do you think?  Is it too busy?  Are there far too many conflicting colors in here?  Keep in mind that this was not staged, the pillows were all just picked up off the floor and thrown on the sofa.
Wow, I am just seeing how bad these really turned out...  Maybe some day time shots with the Rebel are needed tomorrow...

And lastly, this sweet beauty:

I have wanted a subway/bus roll art FOREVER now, but just couldn't justify buying one.  So I thought (several times) about making one.... but never got around to it.  Since I managed to snag this one super cheap thru the sale, I figured what the heck.  I absolutely love it, but the spot I planned for it, on the little angled wall right when you walk in the front door, is also the spot where the ottoman to sit and put your shoes on is.  And unfortunately, this baby is a lot longer than I thought, so if you were sitting on the stool, you'd smash into it with your back and most likely knock it off the wall... :(

So instead, I am trying it out in the upstairs hallway.  I currently have it leaning on the little table up there until I decide it's staying so I don't put holes in the wall. Seeing it in picture, I'm pretty sure I love it, but the table HAS TO GO!!

Anyhow, let me know your thoughts!  I'd love to hear what you think!



No comments: