Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Quick little update!

Around Christmas time, we visited Cory's sisters house and I noticed that they had a very similar striped rug and runner in their laundry room as the one we had at our front entry but they looked a lot fancier than the one we had.  So imagine my surprise when I found out that they were also purchased at Walmart, just like mine.

You see, I absolutely loved the colors in our rug: cream, brown and turquoise, but after potty training a puppy and a weird thing last summer where one of the cats suddenly started peeing the front entrance as as a litter box outta the blue for 3 months, our was looking a little worse for wear after a ton of washes.  Plus, I thought it would be nice to have a back-up mat, especially in the winter when they get so dirty and wet.  So needless to say, for the last 6 months, I have been checking Walmart EVERY SINGLE TIME we stopped in (so, at least once a week...) for another rug. 

Exept everytime we went in, they had the rug, but in green, not blue.  :(  
As luck would have it, last week, I came across the very rug I had been searching forever for.  I initially wasn't sure aboout it and so it sat for a couple days rolled up in our closet, until I unrolled it yesterday. 

I have to say, I am much happier with this one that I am with the other one.  It's waaaay cushier than the other one AND the colors are a lot lighter than the other one.

You wanna know the best part?  It was $15.00!

While I love how cheap Walmart is, I really wish they had more attractive home-decor items here in Canada.... I can't wait until Target opens up here!

No comments: