Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting Back in the Swing of Things and a Great Frugal Find!

Yikes, it's been a while....   :(  I never meant to take a break, but with my mom being pretty sick and me working a lot of long nights (and getting a promotion to boot :)  )  I just didn't have anything in me to get things done around the house, let alone try and find something to blog about.

But now that my Christmas vacation and much needed break, is dwindling down to the end of its days, I am feeling refreshed and re-charged and ready to tackle 2012, Head on!

We have big plans to make some big changes around here in the next few months so I am eager to share. Our biggest being some new furniture that we're diligently saving our pennies for (even forgoing gifts for one another this Christmas to instead save up for the sofas I have my eye on).... Actually, I followed the rule, Cory cheated and spoiled me anyhow like the little sneakster he is, which left me feeling like a jerk!

Before I head off to bed, I wanted to share one of my favorite new buys.  I spotted these when I was out shopping at the beginning of December for something to put in my Secret Santa (at work)'s stocking.
These frames stopped me in my tracks:


Love, love love them.  They had them in silver, white and gold.  I grabbed 2 white ones for myself, a silver for my Secret Santa receipient and opted out of the gold.  I loved them so much that I decided that 2 just was not enough and went back a week later to get more... unfortunately they were all sold out :(

That'll teach me!
I've since printed off a black and white photo of Cory and I for my dresser and love how it looks with this frame!

What great things have YOU snagged from the dollar store lately?


No comments: