Saturday, January 7, 2012

Clean-up Day

Arrgh!  We've had a rough week!  New Year's Eve started out with someone walking right into the shop where Cory works, stealing his wallet from his (and someone else's) locker, taking my keys outta his jacket and helping himself to both his and my gym bags.

Didn't think it would amount to much but after tabulating everything up, looks like we lost $1200 worth of stuff!  Yikes! Least the thief didn't take my car, just left the doors open and threw the keys underneath it.  Unfortunately, the camera weren't able to make out a plate :(  .

So the week was pretty crummy and since I had nothing nice to say, I said nothing at all.  But I am over pouting.  Today was suppossed to be a Girl's Weekend at the lake house but since people were dropping like flies, we've postponed it to another weekend.  Unfortunately, since I had planned to be away, Cory picked up a shift at work, so I am all by my lonesome.  Gonna use the time to read magazines, put away the Christmas decor and general cleaning.

Hoping to share a few new house finds either today or tomorrow, so I might be back.

For now, before I completely dismantle it, here's a pretty shoddy shot of our tree this year (lights off). It's the same as the last two years with the addition of the Antiquey looking initial ornaments and some new vintage mercury glass balls from Restoration Hardware. And the addition of white pointsettia garland (which I will definitely pick up more of next year!!)
It looks pretty sparse by now since the ornaments have been moved around as they taken a tumble from a wild animal whipping past, plus without the lights (blue and white) showing, there are some obvious gaps but it looked great when we first put it up, I swear!



In addition to glass balls of various white, silver and peacock-y and teal blue, there are some fun stuff like the glittery snowflakes, disco balls, glass birsds and the glass picture frames in need of photos and of course coordinating ribbon!

I searched high and low for more of the Restoration Hardware monogram ornaments but they didn't make an appearance this year.  Good thing I substituted an upside down "W" for the "M" I couldn't find last year!

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love the idea to use letters as ornaments. Super cute and the white with the teal ... love.

Cute blog!

Bec