Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thanks Dad! A fantastic gift for me!

I got a surprise call from my dad at work the other day.  At first, I was a little worried as he rarely calls me, especially not in the middle of the day, at work, on my work number....

Thankfully, all was well and he actually wanted to know if I wanted this:



Oh sorry, not the gigantic mess in my garage... look PAST that.  The bf was suppossed to clean that just like he was suppossed to tear down the patio.... but I digress.

What I am talking about is that large tarped thing that kinda looks like a small tarped car.

It is actually a  10 x 8 garden shed.  I had mentioned we would be buying one next summer and when the box for this one arrived completely destroyed, Home Depot ( the company he delivers for), dad snatched it up for me!

The only catch is that it is obviously NOT in a box.  Plus, they cannot guarantee that all the parts are there.  But dad says that even if we have to purchase something for it, it will be a heck of a lot cheaper than anything we could buy.

I just took a look at the owners manual, and while it is not really the style we were looking for, we are definitely gonna see how it works for us next summer!

I mean, we fully intended to get started on assembling it, and then we finally got snow today.  :(
Hard to complain though since we usually get it around the middle of October.....

Unfortunately, it now means we definitely are NOT parking in the garage this winter!

What cheap or free items have you scored lately....

No comments: