Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Bargain Beauty

Back in December when I was busy picking up stuff for my Secret Santa, including this frame I also found another white beauty:


This little white mirror was too cute to pass up.  At $1.50 from the Dollarama, I didn't even feel guilty about starting to have more items in my cart for me than my Santee!

You see, for the longest time, I have wanted to do a little arrangement in our stairwell of old vintagey frames painted white, but haven't yet gotten around to starting a collection of them.  I figured that if I removed the mirror, this might be a good place to start.  Even though it's plastic, I figured I could always throw some matte white primer on it if it clashes with the rest once the collection gets going. 


(I don't think you can tell at all how cheap it really is)

For the meantime though, I really wanted to see how it looked on the wall,  so I hung it next to my desk in the office beneath a little magnetic board we have with some photos of loved ones pinned up!

The scale is a little off, so it won't be staying there long but for now, I am using it as inspiration for the design direction I want to take as I slowly undertake the office makeover (more details on that coming later next week!)

No comments: