Saturday, April 4, 2015

Easy Update: Register Swap-Out

Happy Easter Weekend Everyone!  Hope you're all enjoying the long weekend and spending time with your family.   My family will be celebrating at the end of the month, so I have used this weekend to finish small projects around the house and do some serious Spring Cleaning!

I'm super busy getting everything done by the end of the weekend, but wanted to stop in and share my easiest little update.

The main floor of my house has dark laminate flooring.  While it looks absolutely gorgeous, it is admittedly the absolute WORST for showing dirt.  Take it from someone who had three pets living in a tiny little space.... I would probably go with something a little more mid-range or greyish if I were to re-do the flooring in here.  Anyhow, one thing that has bothered me extensively since I moved in here, was that they put cheap white plastic register vents on the dark floors.  They really just stuck out like a sore thumb....
(excuse the dust, I left it there for the purpose of showing how terrible dark floors are...)


Not anymore.  After a quick trip to Home Depot today, I no longer have to see those glaring white registers.  It was the simplest swap out ever - I simply popped the white register out, vacuumed the mess of crumbs/dust/hair out of the ducts and popped the new cover in it's place!
 

 
 
I can't even get over how amazing this looks.  I was originally looking for something more brown and a little less ornate, but this scroll black version, was the best option they had and I actually think it really suits my space nicely!

 
 
Of course, Quality Control needs to inspect the new addition too!  :) 
 
 
Here's an overall view of how much better it looks:
 
 
A look at how it changed the main hallway.  Here's the BEFORE: 

 
Then the AFTER: 
 
I can't believe I waited so long to get this done!!  I picked up the register covers for $11.32 each at Home Depot, so for just over $20.00,  I've completely changed something that has bothered me for almost 6 years!  The other three on the main floor aren't visible since they are behind furniture so I won't be replacing them anytime soon.
 
I'd love to hear about some of your quick fixes around the house?  Any easy updates you can't believe you waited so long to tackle?

No comments: