Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Heavy Heart and Realization

This morning I realized I am a crap friend. I mean not really, but yes all at the same time.

I have three gfs who I haven't seen in what seems like ages, nor have I really spoken to them in almost as long. One is a single gal who lives downtown and travels a lot, so we see each other when we can.

The second is a gal who is married and the mother of two who moved out of the city... We do the best, considering...

The other is a gf I've known forever. We were besties for a while and then she started dating a guy I didn't care for. She also sort of adopted his sister in law as a new gal pal and I kind of dropped from the equation. It was no one's fault but neither of us really made the effort to spend much time together or contact the other.

The last I saw her, they were gonna try and have a baby. Then shortly after, I heard they were successful. I sent my well wishes and that was that... Until today!

I had to log onto my fb at work and noticed her odd status. At 5 months pregnant, they lost the baby. I'm not sure yet what happened, but I am devastated for her.

What sort of crap friend just drops off the face of the earth only to re-appear when it's needed? Mind you, I guess that does symblize a good friend...
Anyway, I decided today to re-connect with these three girls and anyone else I've fallen out of touch with.

This all made me realize that life is too short and precious not to spend it with those you love. While we all may be at different stages in our life, these girls all mean a ton to me.

So my goal for the week is to connect with these three and make a genuine effort to get caught up and active in one another's lives! Cause we all need a shoulder to lean on once in a while!
Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: