Saturday, April 23, 2011

FLOR Possibilities!

A couple weeks ago, I decided it was time to finally get rid of the rug we had in our living room.  While I loved the idea of it and how it looked in the room.  The poor cream shag was filthy.  Really gross.  Finley had used it as "grass" when she was still a potty training puppy and despite us cleaning it, I still couldn't get it out of my head.  Plus, since it was the only carpeted spot on the main floor, it's where she took to sleeping and also bringing her toys and treats to chew on.  So, yeah the outter perimeter (that wasn't under the coffee table) was looking pretty skanky. So, it was time to bite the bullet and get rid of it.

(here's what it looks like now without the rug)
Once I just about gave myself a heart attack, getting that thing out of the room, I really liked the exposed dark wood floors again.  Plus, it would be so much easier to clean the floors!  Cory however, was not on the same page.  He wanted a new rug, but man those things are so expensive.. plus I am pretty picky about what I like.

So, I've set about keeping my eye out for something to replace the old one, that doesn't cost a fortune.  Especially since we'll most likely have to replace it in a few years with three animals...

I did have a great idea the other night about using Flor Tiles (my idea way back before we moved into the house) to create the perfect rug that we can just add new tiles to in the event the thing gets stained.

So I set about to see what new styles they had since it had been a while since I perused the site or a catalogue.  Here are some ideas I liked for our space:

The bisque / moon faux bois carpet has always been a favorite of mine!!  I love the faux-bois look.  It's both campy and natural. In this color pallette, it'll be a neutral, but still adds some fun pattern and texture to the space!

They have it in other color ways, such as this bisque/raincloud style, which would pull in some of the blue accents we already have in the space.
The Moon Velvet twist carpet looks gorgeous here, but I think it might be a little too plain for me.

Graphite Posh Croc Carpet looks stunning.  Love the croc pattern, but not sure about the graphite color with our already dark floors.  Plus, eventually, we will be getting new sofas in here, and I think that it might be too much grey.


In this chocolate color, it might be too matchy, but maybe perfect for the basement?


My current fave, the Damaskus in silver.  I love how it's neutral, but not, with the metallic.  I love the tone on tone pattern to keep it from being too boring.  The damask is so pretty and fresh.  Plus, it would work well with current sofas and anything we like in the future.


Let me know what you think.  Or if there's another option you think would work better!

No comments: