Wednesday, January 19, 2011

With good, comes bad!

January is flying by, I haven't had a moment to rest. Right from the get-go, we knew that this month was gonna be jam packed. Our weekends have been completely filled with birthday celebrations and housewarmings and bridal showers and pre-wedding/vacation mixers. Yikes! I haven't a free weekend left. If this month is any indication of how the rest of the year will be, I better hold on tight!

Not to mention that in 13 days, we leave on a little vacation! That's right, we're headed to Mexico for a wedding, and since we've known about it for over a year, the anticipation has been built up BIG TIME!

In between all the stuff we've had going on, I have been trying to squeeze in appointments and of course, shopping! Do you know how hard it has been trying to find dresses for the beach in January?

So my apologies for my absence. I'm up to my eyeballs in things right now. But know there's a bit of madness that's home related as well:

- we BOTH cleaned out our closets and dressers on Sunday. Holy smokes! Where did all that stuff come from...? We have a TON of clothes we are getting rid of. A big pile of it is garbage, some of it Is fit for donation, but there's a huge portion that would be good for sale! I've been (Slowly) taking photos and writing descriptions and posting the pieces online. Cory had way more stuff than me. Good stuff, brand new. Some worn once or twice, designer, expensive stuff!

I also started cleaning out the garage last night. Yes that's right, we do not park in our garage currently. Mind you, we have only a single garage. But it was full to the gills with CRAP. I started the process of trying to re-organize and move what I could into the basement until spring when we can actually tackle projects and really clean and organize in there. Why now?

Well, we have gotten a ridiculous amount of snow the last few weeks and since we are unable to park on the street (due to a car being fully, completely buried there) we are doubling up on the driveway... But my mom is coming to stay at the house with the animals while we are away, and there would be no place for her. So I am going to move into the garage. Which I prefer, so I don't need to brush off or scrape my car windows when I am running late (which is always).

On that note: I received some rather upsetting news last night. My mom advised me that while they are still in the process of tests, her doctor believes that she may have colon cancer.

My fingers are crossed that it's not, so we just have to wait and see. But needless to say, it has put a damper on things. She says she is still functioning as she was before, so she is still expecting to come and stay at our place while we are away. Which I actually prefer, as she lives out of the city and at least if she is here, my brother and dad are nearby.

So please bear with me these next few weeks as I scramble through life, awaiting news, all the while organizing a trip that has been almost 2 years in the making. My family is sticking together and being optimistic about the outcpome. Hopefully, the power of positive thinking will be on our side.


Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

No comments: