Monday, January 3, 2011

Trash to Treasure : Christmas Addition

When I first started turning trash secondhand finds into treasures, I'm sure Cory was a little skeptical.  But after seeing some of the cute stuff I have scored and transformed, I guess he's become a convert:

Back at the beginning of December, he took the dog for an evening walk and came back with a surprise.  Apparently our neighbours had gotten married the weekend prior and weren't all that enthused with all of their wedding gifts!! 

Luckily for us, his inquisitive nature prompted him to open a python box and find some cute little Christmasy hand towels inside:

Two of these little robin applique hand towels were inside!  I think they are the perfect little addition the the new towel holder in our powder room.


In regards to the box, while the python top is kinda cool, the orangey pleather fabric on the bottom of the box isn't really my thing, so I will be searching for something different and will share it when I am finished.

What's the latest second hand score you've snagged?

1 comment:

Heather @ REOlisticRenovation said...

Love those towels. So cute. Weird they just threw gifts out?