Thursday, September 18, 2014

September Nails: Fall Peacock

I've never been a girl who gets her nails done. Yes, I'll paint them myself from time to time, but they're super fragile and break easily, so it's often not worth the hassle.

But a few months ago, I had the opportunity to try some press-on Nails and became HOOKED!! Gone are the days when press-ons were a vision of the 80s, in bright red talon-like styles.  Today's styles are very fresh and current and work nicely for me as they last about a week, which let's me change them up as often as I like!! 

Yesterday, a trip to <a href="http://walmart.ca">Walmart</a> for cat litter, yielded 2 new pairs of earrings and 2 new styles of nails!!

Anyone who knows me, knows I love birds and of course peacock colors, so coming across these babies was an exciting find! 

Of course I had to put them on that night!   I'm super happy with how they look. Here's a peek:

The dark moody colors really pop on my white skin!   What I like about them is that they aren't all the same. The feathers are turned the other way on some so they don't look so mass produced and a little more hand-drawn! 

They offer a nice selection of sizes so you  can find something to fit. I'm thinking it would be super cute to do these as a feature nail with a dark color for the rest of the hand since I prob won't be able to do a full hand again! 

One thing I love is that as someone quote spends all day typing, the length on these is pretty good .  I don't have issues with them feeling awkward. Plus I find my natural nails are protected and actually grow quite well when I'm wearing these!! The best part? Pre-glued. These babies take less than 4 minutes to finish!!  

If you're looking to add a little something to your manicure, be sure to try out <a href="http://impressmanicure.com">Impress Press On Manicure by Broadway Nails</a> 


What beauty tips, tricks or products have you tried out lately? I love hearing from my readers!! 


Disclaimer: While I have, in the past, received products from this company (via a third-party) to review, these items were purchased by me. I enjoyed the complimentary items soo much, I have continued to purchase them since the trial and will continue to do so. All opinions and ideas here are my own. I was not compensated in any fashion for this post. However, that being said, I'd be happy to work with them in the future :) 


No comments: