Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Oldie but a Goodie... why didn't I think of that??

Since we decided that we will most likely be overhauling all the furniture on our main floor (sofa, loveseat, coffee tables, dining table and chairs) AND we will most likely be needing to purchase new furniture for the family room when we finish the basement next year, I have frantically been looking for stuff I love!!

I hadn't been having much luck finding something I loved though... until today when a gf mentioned that she was also looking and found a set at La-Z-boy that they loved!  **BING!**  A lightbulb went off and I couldn't figure out why I hadn't thought of looking there sooner.  I mean, when I was 5, my parents purchased a new set for their new house.  My dad is still using the set TODAY!!!! 

The quality speaks for itself.  Plus, La-Z-Boy has come a long way from the old-school recliners of the 80s though!!

A quick peek at the site tonight turned into a half hour of desiging my own furniture!!  :)  Here's a cute little pair of items I designed that I think would look fantastic in the yet to be created basement family room:

I've always known I wanted chocolate brown for the sofa down there.  This "Sinclair" sectional would be perfect, since it's not too big, but still features the chaise option, since I love to lay out!



A pair of the Karli armless chairs in this subtle floral are the perfect touch of pretty in what I am sure will be a most masculine, cozy space! 
We'll most likely have to get some ottomans for these as well!

What do you think?  Has anyone had any experience with designing La-Z-Boys?  Fill me in!

No comments: