Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Sick Day Essentials

I haven't been feeling well for the last few days and today was the worst so I stayed home from work.  While Most of the day was spent in bed sleeping, I did spend a good portion of the afternoon awake, and moved down to the living room for a change of view (and comfort).  Here are my Top 5 things for a day sick at home:

1. A warm, cuddly blanket
 
Personally, I like to sleep on the cool side, so a big heavy blanket is never really my preference.  But something relatively light-weight but great for curling up on the couch with, is a must-have.  My fave is a grey throw from Restoration Hardware.  They don't seem to have the one I have any longer, but this one is similar.

 



2. Apple TV
Gone are the days when you used to have to stay home watching bad daytime tv.  I'm currently binge watching Bones on <a href="http://netflix.com">Netflix</a> so I made a big dent in my episodes today. Since I don't have a Smart TV, I've loved having this gadget for the past year and can't believe I went so long without it.

 
 
3. Comfy Nightgown
I never used to spend money on pyjamas or loungewear, rather choosing to wear ex boyfriends' t-shirts and sweat pants around the house but last year, I decided it was high-time I chose some proper pyjamas of my own.  Before Christmas I picked up a similar  nightgown for $8.00!  It's a little oversized but still stylish, but at the right proportions for my body, so super comfy.  Plus since it's a nightgown versus pants, my legs are still bare which helps keeps me from over heating!




4. Oversized Mug
While I mostly kept to water, when I did want to try and have something more substantial, instant soup was my choice.  Of course, I like a nice big mug to keep me company and feed me while I watch my shows.  Personally, I'm partial to elegant, plain white ones with a little detailing. This mug is a cult favorite.
 
 

5. Lip Balm
 
 
 

6. Girl's Best Friend
And just for good measure... There's nothing more amazing than having someone to cuddle up with on the couch.  This girl is the best company and perfect for keeping me warm when I need it.
 

Here's hoping you're well, but if you manage to get sick this time of year, hopefully you're lucky enough to have these must-haves for yourself! 



No comments: