Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Wantable Accessories Review : January 2015

Yay!  Today was an exciting mail day - BOTH of my Wantable boxes arrived today!  I'll be reviewing the Accessories box today and then the Intimates box later this week.

For those who aren't too familiar with Wantable, it's a great subscription box service with 4 different options (Accessories, Intimates, Makeup and then there is Fitness which is a workout wear edit which is actually a stylist service).  You pay $36/month (plus applicable taxes, duties and exchange for those of us in Canada) and they send you approx. 3-4 items that are a surprise. I've been subscribing to both the Accessories and Intimates boxes for a few months now and I really like the concept.


  You fill out a style profile which helps the stylists choose your items.  Since you can change your profile whenever, I try and change mine monthly to ensure I am getting the items I'm looking to add to my wardrobe.  This month I changed things up quite a bit and added sunglasses to my profile for the first time, since my last pair bit the dust last month. 

They also include an Order Details card which I love.  Here's a sneak peek at mine:

 
 
Karen Sunglasses
I've never done a cat-eye style before so these were a bit different for me.  I do like them and of course, the tortoiseshell is a nice change.  They also came with a little cloth bag for storage which was a nice touch.  I'm pretty happy with these.
Valued at $16.00 which is pretty standard for non-designer sunglasses.

 
 
Delores Necklace
This necklace is really substantial and pretty hefty.  The two lengths of pewter chains are connected by smaller silver chains and this is very edgy and fun.  I really like this!
Valued at $32.00

 
 
Suki Necklace
I was a little skeptical of this at first since it wasn't something I'd regularly choose.  The natural, organic shaped stones reminded me of crystals or geodes which kind of read a little boho to me, but paired with the gold chain it actually glams it up quite a bit.  Once I put this on though, I really liked it.  It's definitely something different than the usual, perfectly symmetrical, identical stones in most necklaces.
Valued at $26.00

 
 
Suki Earrings
I was a little disappointed to find that I'd gotten a matching earrings and necklace set at first.  While some people might love this, I am not the type of person who wears a matching set and prefers a more coordinated look.  However, once I put everything on, I really like this style and while I will most likely not wear them at the same time as the necklace.  I even wore them tonight to my p/t job.
Valued at $14.00
(excuse the pet hair and lint in the photo - these bags pick up everything!)

 
 
Overall, I was pretty pleased with this box.  While none of the pieces are ones that I would regularly choose on my own, I really like and will wear everything!  I think that might be part of why I like the box so much - it steps me out of my comfort zone and forces me to think of new ways to reimagine my wardrobe!  The box is valued at $88 which is pretty fantastic as it is still significantly more than I paid for the box (even with the taxes, duties and exchange rate).



I would definitely recommend Wantable to anyone looking to add some new pieces to their arsenal.  Do you subscribe - what have you gotten in your box?

No comments: