Monday, October 14, 2013

Wanted: Brass Birds Wall Art

Growing up, my family home had a huge wall of built-ins surrounding the fireplace, including a ginormous oak wall above the mantel. My parents had a huge brass bonsai tree and 3 flying birds on that wall and it was really quite stunning.

Of course,yesterday when I visited mom I noticed that she has it in the back entrance of her current house.

I've been thinking about them lately and really want to find a set for myself. I think it would be the perfect addition for my dining room wall!  Anyone who knows me and my love if birds is probably wondering what took me so long to get on the vintage brass bird wagon. I guess I just needed a reminder!

Needless to say, I'll be searching my local thrift stores and kijiji....and maybe mentioning it to my mom! If you're in the Edmonton area and see some flocking about, give me a shout! 

No comments: