Tuesday, October 8, 2013

(Early) Birthday Bedding!

This past weekend I took my mom to her first ever CFL game (which was a terrible showing by the Eskimos....) so she obviously came into town for the weekend.  Since my birthday is next week, she said she probably wouldn't make another trip in, but left me with some Birthday money instead of taking me shopping like we had originally planned!

When she had asked me what I wanted, one of the few things I said I needed was new bedding.  The current duvet cover was looking a little worse for wear since it was entirely embroidered on the top and puppy paws and claws do a number on a million little threads.  Besides, it was fairly old, purchased for the last house and no longer matched the color scheme I had going on, and was far too hefty with all the embroidery, so I was pretty happy to seek out a new one!

Since my mattress is Super King sized, I'm pretty limited when it comes to bedding, but since I'm constantly stalking Quilts Etc to see if they've come out with anything new, I knew they had one I
was very interested in seeing in person, so off I went!

This is the shot off the website - I know, very French and fancy huh!
 
I absolutely LOVED the silvery, grey blue color and thought the quilted fabric would look good with the Moroccan-esque vibe of the Casablanca stencil on the feature wall I did earlier this year!
 
 
Of course, when I saw it in store, I was a little skeptical, cause it was actually pretty thick, it was even in the section with the quilts, cause of course, it`s quilted and can be used as a coverlet or quilt, if you choose not to fill it with a duvet.  But when I brought it home, it was the absolute PERFECT addition.
 
Don`t let these crappy night photos, taken on automatic fool you - It does not have a purple tinge to it.  However, it is definitely more grey than the store`s stock photo would lead you to believe - which was absolutely perfect for me! 
I`m working two jobs right now, so didn`t have time to wait for a beautiful, natural lighting... please forgive me!
 
Yeah, don`t mind the creases... it was perfectly smooth seconds before the photo and then the dog jumped up there!  Sadly, I also need to get working on a few other things that are missing from this photo:
1. Headboard - now that the bedding has been selected, I can finally choose fabric for my headboard.  I really haven`t a clue what though....  Either way, it will have nailheads!
2. Euro shams to fill up the space
3. Larger, fluffier pillows to fill up those shams... These are King Size, but apparently are NOT doing the job.  I was gonna ask the store, but of course their display beds are Doubles, so that won`t help me...
 
 
I am loving the quilted texture... and of course the dog imprint.... :(
 
 
 
 
I also apparently need to do repairs to one of the bamboo benches at the end of the bed.  It met it`s match in the vacuum the other night and needs a little mending and paint touch up, but that`s an easy fix.  Sadly, I am not loving the gold toss cushions so those will get moved to another room as soon as I find new ones!
 
Up next, I am really hoping to get the light fixture in this room swapped out for the one I`ve had waiting to be hung for a while:
 
 
Strangely enough, I`m carrying on the Diamond theme here and didn`t even realize!
The one problem is, this was initially meant to be a dining room fixture so it had a long chain and cables, the Ex cut everything down when he was going to hang it, but neither of us realized that the colors on the ends of electrical wires, don`t run all the way through the wires.... so now we have three wires that pretty much look identical.... Rookie Mistake.
 
I`m definitely going to have to get an Electrician friend from work to help me out with this instead of trying it myself!
 
I`m pretty happy overall with how the space is turning out!
 

No comments: