Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Absolute Best Face Wash Ever!!!

Today I am going to share with you, my absolute favorite face wash. It's highly possible that I've shared it with you before, but I'm okay with that. It's THAT good that it deserves a 2nd mention...

Anyhow, first up, a little about my skin. I have Senaitive, Combination and Acne Prone skin. As a teen I suffered with very bad acne to the point that I actually went on prescription Acutane. This may have been one of the absolute best decisions my parents and I could have made because it was really challenging. Now, while some people (something like 80% they say...) who go on Acutane will never get another outbreak, I will be the first to admit that sadly I was NOT one of those people. However, my skim greatly improved over the years and I typically now only get the occasional outbreak and it is almost always hormonally related. 

However, last winter I had some SERIOUSLY problematic skin. My akin was just super greasy and I suffered with severe, painful breakouts for like 2 months straight. It was really getting out of hand and I couldn't deal any longer. I was using super gentle products that sadly, just weren't cutting it and I needed something stronger. So off I went to <a href="http://sephora.com">Sephora</a> in search of a product I had used years before.

While they no longer carried the Acne-specific wash I wanted, I spoke to a few staffers who suggested I try the one that had replaced it.... It was an "Anti-Aging" one and pretty expensive so needless to say I was not impressed... Until I tried it out!! 

<a href="http://m.sephora.com/product/P381613">Peter Thomas Roth Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel</a> 

Within a couple days, my breakouts had cleared up entirely! It's been almost a year now and it is now an integral part of my skin care routine and I'm happy to report that my skin is probably in the best shape it's ever been, since my childhood! 

Since it's chock full of anti-aging and acne ingredients like salycylic and glycolic acid, it can be a little drying on my skin so I usually try and only use it once a day, or every second day and alternate with using another mild liquid cleanser or even just makeup wipes on days where I don't wear much makeup. But I have used it twice a day for a week at a time and it hasn't been too harsh. 

So if you are suffering from breakouts or troubled skin, I HIGHLY recommend this one!! As far as the anti-aging effects, I can't speak too much on that as I happen to have very young looking skin without much sign of wrinkles or anything. However, in knowing what the ingredients have done in keeping my skin clear and obviously exfoliated, I can attest to the fact that it does make me look so much younger in that my skin looks GREAT!! 

Have you used this before? What are your thoughts or skin care secrets? 

No comments: