Monday, August 24, 2015

Splendies Review: August 2015

I figured I'd start the week off with another Subscription box review!  
Today we have my Splendies box, which is always a fun one to receive, cause who doesn't love fun new underwear?!
 
 
Splendies delivers 3 brand new pairs of underwear a month.  There's no Style Profile or anything with this subscription, so it truly is a surprise as to what you're going to get!  They do deliver a variety of styles (bikini, thong and hipster/boy cut) each month, and since I wear pretty much everything, that's fine with me.
 
The package arrives in a non-descript white plastic mailer, wrapped in tissue.  There is no product card, but pairs have their tags attached and often list prices, which is nice.
 
 
Cost:  $13.99/month for 3 pairs
 
Ships:  US- Free; Canada - $7.00; International-$9.00
 
Spree Black and White Polka Dot Hipsters
 
These are super cute.  I love polka dots and the added pink trim/.bow is such a sweet touch!  I like this style, and they have a ruching detail along the back.  They have a nice slinky feel and look like they would be comfortable, but sadly, they are too small..... ***One thing to mention with Splendies, is that they have a tendency to run small, so I advise sizing up - I hadn't at first and now I have a ton of pairs that don't fit, so I will be putting those into some friends' stockings this Christmas!  However, I regularly wear a small, sized up to a medium and these are STILL too small... so that's pretty upsetting.    There's no price listed, but I found similar ones on sale for about $10.00
 
 
Joe's Lace Trimmed Patterned Thong
The fabric on these is super soft and very stretchy, so super comfy. I never used to be into red, but I've been getting quite a few pairs through Splendies and I really like these!  The style is my preferred cut as well. I can't find these online, but they are tagged at $12.00

 
 
 
Spree Lace Trimmed Hipsters
These are actually really pretty - the fabric is stretchy but once again, these do not fit - I think maybe Spree must run super tiny.... I really like the moody dark purple background of this pattern.  A lot of people aren't lovers of flowers for undergarments, but I actually like them!  Once again, no price but I am guessing these are probably around $10 since they are similar to the polka dot pair.


 
Rose Intimates Flourescent Lemon Lace Boyshort

 
Sadly, another pair that does not fit!!  These aren't even close to fitting... they are so tiny!  I usually love a lace boyshort and actually have a bra that these would be a perfect match for, so this is super disappointing!  This brand isn't well known so I'm not familiar with their sizing, but the style is super cute!
 
** I should note that yes, regularly they only send 3 pairs, but back in June, Splendies contacted me via a photo I posted, mentioning my review and they wanted to send me a free pair - so this month I got a Bonus pair.  Which would have been great, except they didn't fit.....
 
 
Overall thoughts:  What is happening with the sizing here?  I am a consistent size small in all the underwear I buy in stores.  Everywhere from Walmart, La Vie en Rose, La Senza and Victoria's Secret - I am a size small. Regardless of the style....   When I signed up, the smalls were too small and I read that others were recommended sizing up, so I did and it worked... for a bit but we are back to very small items.  I really do not want to have to size up even further to a Large, because I feel like that would just leave too much room for error and feel that I'd end up with too many pairs way too big.  It's just a little frustrating, since I can't even really leave any feedback for a stylist, since there isn't any.  So, I think I am going to give it another month and see if things improve, otherwise I may have to think about cancelling my subscription  :(
However, style wise, I actually really like all the pairs they sent me this month.  Lace trimmed pairs seemed to be the theme this month and  I like that there was a thong and several hipster pairs, which I prefer over bikini.  Had everything fit, I would be a very happy camper.
 
How about you? Have you been experiencing the same sort of sizing frustration? 


No comments: