Monday, August 17, 2015

Beauty Secret: Office Staple as Exfoliator

This is probably one of the most ridiculous secrets I'm gonna share but I've been doing it for years and years, and it's one of the easiest tricks ever, so I just wanted to share! 

I am one of those unlucky gals who has combination skin, which means it's doubly hard for me to nail down a skin care routine that's aces. Couple that with the mild acne I've always suffered, and now aging (over 30) skin, things are always a little rough.

My biggest pet peeve though, when it comes to my skin, is just how dry and flaky certain areas can get.  Namely, the area around my nose, mouth and chin, which are incredibly sensitive. This is never more prominent then when I'm sick- blowing my nose is the worst kind of pain, leaving me burning, red and flaky.  Especially in areas that are typically drier and more apt to show flakes and dryness.

Unfortunately, using a scrub or even a battery powered cleansing brush on these irritated spots isn't always possible, as it's likely to bring on more irritation.   Enter, my life-saving flakiness remover:

Yes ladies, Scotch Tape!! You probably have a roll of this sitting on your desk right now! I guarantee you, it's the easiest way to remove stubborn flaky skin! 

I simply apply a tiny strip to the offending flaky area (with very little pressure) and rip it off quickly, like a wax strip. It's easy, painless and works like a charm! 

The best part? It's essentially free, since I ether already own the tape ( or often find a dry spot at work and just use a strip in the washroom at lunch). I've also found this to be the least irritating option. Since I typically do this at work, my makeup keeps the tape from sticking to my other skin AND it's just sticky enough to remove flakes but not my good skin! 

Of course, once the redness and burning has subsided, I'll make sure to up the external exfoliants and use my skin brush but in the meantime, I'm drinking a ton of water and adding some heavy duty creams to my arsenal! 

Any silly beauty tips or tricks you want to share? I'd love to hear from you! 

No comments: