Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Book Club: Latest Reads

My library card has been getting quite the workout lately.  (I've never been someone who purchases books (since I never read them more than once.)   I've been stopping in probably once a week to pick up items from my queue.

Here are a few picks and a few of my thoughts:

The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
 
I actually really liked this one!  I was surprised as it's a bit more "science fictiony" than I'm used to.  It had drama, suspense, romance and was a quick, light read so it got a lot of points!
 
 
 
Indiscretion by Charles Dubow
 
This made me think of The Great Gatsby (not sure why) and was a super easy read.  The ending is what makes it worth a mention!
 
 
 
Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
 
I liked that the main character was a bit neurotic and the style of writing - told from the perspective of a collection of emails and correspondance the daughter obtains in her search.  Interesting and fun.
 
I'm always looking for new books to read, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know so I can add them to my library queue!

No comments: