Monday, October 15, 2012

Handmade Table Linens

My mom stopped by on the weekend to take me for dinner.  Her bithday gift for me this year was a little something for the house.

Her neighbour is a wonderful quilter who made me a small quilt a few years back.  She had me come out to the house and select some fabrics from her stash as well as look through some of the quilts she had made and select a pattern.

She surprised me with a set of table runners and placemats in some beautiful greys and blues.  It was an incredibly thoughtful gift and I absolutely love them, even though are quite a bit different than my usual style.
 
Everythng was made reversible which perfect for days when you have unexpected visitors - I can just flip it over!
 
 
Here's the reverse of the runner. 
 
My favorite part is actually the detailing on the front, especially the ombre stripes:
 
 
The gift included two runners and 2 placemats.  I wish there were 4 so I might have to see if I can get her to make a few more.
 
 
I really like them but I am too worried to get them dirty, so while I am eating on them, I have a paper towel between the placemats and my dish....  at least for now!
 
 
For an 80 year old lady, she really nailed down some pretty great fabrics for me.  This black and white one is even laced with metallic threads!
 
 
It's a great addition to the table, especially until I refinish it and no longer need to cover the scratched sections!

No comments: