Sunday, October 25, 2015

Costume Countdown

I haven't dressed up for Halloween in a couple years. Admittedly, my ex hated putting on a costume, so we just kind of avoided it. In six years, I think we dressed up twice. Both times I managed to mostly use stuff I already owned to put something together:

Referee
I purchased a costume but didn't like the pleather short skirt included so I wore the cheaply made jersey with fishnets and shorts I already owned. I put my hair in pigtails and smeared mascara under my eyes to complete the look. 

Minnie Mouse 
I owned the black and white dress, red belt and red pumps. Cute button earrings paired with those sequinned ears direct from Disneyland. I forgot to paint my nose black and add whiskers before I got to the party though...

So this year, when I agreed to go to a Halloween party, I realized I would have to go buy something new as I didn't have the time or creativity in me to put something together. 

So I headed over to my nearest <a grief="http://spirithalloween.com">Spirit Halloween</a> store to try some things on. 

Here are a few of the costumes I tried: 

I loved the blue and gold patterned dress and appreciated he opportunity to be pretty but not "sexy". Plus it was drapey so I figured it would be comfy. 


This was actually one of the sexiest costumes I tried on. It was also one of my favourites. I was surprised how comfy it was, considering it was mostly pleather.  

I liked that I could just throw this tunic over some leggings. Super comfy but kind of edgy. 

The fabric here was actually nice but it was ridiculously warm and the fake corset wasn't flattering on me, despite what the sales lady says...


 Again, this one is just pretty. I could do nice hair and makeup, and possibly even wear flats since it's so long. It definitely shows off the "girls" though...

This girl looks pretty badass. I like this drapey fit that still looks sexy. Any costume where you can carry a sword is good. 

So, any ideas on which one I picked?   I won't be sharing until afterwards though so you'll have to stay tuned and wait for pictures! 

No comments: